Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I made it!

I feel like the days leading up to my departure were a whirlwind. So much for giving myself time to relax--more like just enough time to not feel too stressed. But for that I am very grateful.

On my first long flight, I sat in the middle of a large soccer team. I wish I could say their travel excitement was contagious but it was more just irritating. I may have had to kill some of their fun when 4 teens tried cramming in the two seats in front of me and were ruining my movie watching--although, I did watch about 4-5 movies during the entire trip which may have been a bit overkill!

After waiting 2 hours to get my visa, I finally crossed over into Nairobi! All the other students arrived today and I spent a long while at the airport in order to welcome everyone.

It's so familiar to be back. Yet, a whole new group of students and I'm now part of the "in charge" group of people. Some adjusting for me too.

Will have my phone up and running tomorrow!

Night.

No comments: