Friday, September 30, 2011

Still Here!

Wow, I guess it has taken me almost four months to recover from school. I hereby pledge to be much better about weekly/daily updates, even if it is as small as a sentence or picture. Yet I will still try to make it more interesting than when I was in jr high and resolved to write in my diary every day. Sometimes it was exciting as the sentence, "today I took a shower." Really 11-year old me? That was noteworthy even if it was just to myself? But then again, maybe it was when living in freezing WY and stepping outside a warm shower onto cold tile floor meant death to my skin.

Anyways, I did actually graduate! Passed my thesis and all that jazz. My supportive crew even had booze for me to drink in a gatorade bottle immediately upon exiting the room in which my defense was held. And the chair of my committee, who was also my past boss, mentoring professor and friend was just appointed a high court judge of Kenya. Even more reason to visit Kenya in the near future! Read about it HERE.

In the last few months I landed a job, got my first apartment all on my own (!!), furnished that apartment, and chopped my hair off.

My job will require me to manage an interactive website complete with lots of blogging, so I plan to do some practicing on my personal, albeit rusty blog.

2 comments:

abbs said...

Yay! You're back!*!*

*INFINITY EXCLAMATION POINTS!* :)

Intrepidity said...

And you're back too on yours, yay!