Sunday, April 11, 2010

Climb On!

A fun group went to Leavenworth this last weekend. It was my roommate's birthday get away weekend. Lots of board games and then climbing! None of us girls had ever done outdoor climbing before. It was super fun! I enjoyed not having a set route but doing whatever I wanted that worked for me. About two years ago, I started to climb for the first time. Gym climbing. Only a handful of times really. But I wanted to do it more and so bought gear (shoes, harness, etc.). But then, I started grad school and my life as I once knew it was over.

I haven't climbed since I started school. Until today.

It so happened that a nearby stranger wanted to take pictures of us climbing. So I actually have proof of me doing my first outdoor climb! I would say my later climbs were more fun, my favorite being a crack climb. I made it to the top every time and so can sleep well tonight. :)

My thought process may have gone something like this:


"hmmmm, maybe I should go as fast as I can and not think about it!

"hi everyone on the ground watching me! I really don't want to fall right now because I would swing far out......"

"I got this, I got this......"

"This is hard. Just breathe and DO IT! (I just might be censoring any cuss words that came to mind!)

"I made it! Hello stranger lady on the ground taking my picture."

No comments: