Sunday, January 10, 2010

Succesful Event!!

It's over! and it was fantastic! Last week had to be one of my craziest ever. First week of school + crazy work because it is the first week of school and students demand add codes + grant deadline + SAS coalition meetings + event planning. But I survived! And I have so many people to thank for helping me keep my sanity.

There will be a lot more pictures and video coming in the near future (again, thanks to so many volunteers!) but for now, here are some quick "stats" on the event and some pics.

over 200 attendees
roughly $6,500 raised in ticket and art sales
roughly 175 bottles of wine consumed
2 incredible live bands
about 25 volunteers

The three of us in the first picture were roommates in Nairobi and collaborators in planning this event. These girls have become wonderful friends!





No comments: