Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do the Puyallup

Fair that is. I haven't been in a few years and was reminded again today why fairs can be so great. At least every couple years or so. I went with all my siblings, save for the youngest that sadly had to attend school.

I have been home for a few days now and have almost completely defeated jetlag! It's like a sleepover every night, as I am sleeping on a mattress on my sisters floor. Pretty great.

My brother decided to pay for his entrance ticket in coins only. Despite the fact that they were large coins, dollar coins and quarters only, the ticket lady had a very bad attitude about counting $11 in silver change. My brother did not back down and convinced her it was "good tender." A very entertaining exchange, both in money and words.

Sissies:


This was our first sugar indulgence:


We wandered around amidst overpriced food and oversized stuffed animals. Got as many free samples as we could. I was amazed by some of the prize categories, both in craftsmanship and that it exists in the first place. Such as these:




Didn't I just leave?


And of course, the best part of fairs--photo booth pictures!


No comments: