Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Beachtime

I got burned. and i'm still peeling. that pretty much never happens to me. but that only ruined about one night!

I have ridden a camel on the beach. and i negotiated not only a "native" Kenyan discount but also a bday discount since it as my friends bday.

I took a dhow (a wooden boat) out to snorkel by a reef.

I went on a spice tour and afterwards got to taste all kinds of mysterious tropical fruits.

I rode a bike around Stonetown on very narrow, busy, windy roads which was really fun. and my bike had a basket!

I discovered Dawas which are a delicious Swahili drink that literally translates to "medicine" or "cure"

I a battling a very sticky keyboard right now and am going to give up now. I will be back in Nairobi in a week! and home shortly after that.

1 comment:

abbs said...

i am sorry you got burned! but c'mon, i'm still jealous! and so excited to see you sometime hopefully soon... (sound of scheming in voice)... :) i love you!