Monday, August 02, 2010

Internet has been pretty bad lately. Below are a few pics from the boarding dorms from a primary school in Loitokitok. I also got my nails done in Loitokitok. I found myself wandering around town and was inspired to ask about getting my nails done. The work of art that you see was only about $2.50 and I simply told the gal to do her favorite design--that is what I got. Which is apparently "very Kenyan" and has gained me a lot of Kenyan credibility. The last picture is from a hike in Ngong Hills. Refreshing to be outside as always.






Today I listened to a 2 hour presentation regarding violence against women and then randomly had a conversation with a Kenyan business man who used religion to justify objectifying women. It proved a bit too much for me to handle today. I fortunately had a meeting with an amazing Kenyan women later in the day and I was able to vent frustration in a positive way. If that can ever be positive I suppose. It is interesting to me that today brought along one of my least favorite conversations so far this trip as well as my favorite conversation so far. What a day.

No comments: